Insulation, Earth and Cable Testing Solutions
Earth testing, soil resistivity, multiple earth testing—Gossen Metrawatt Geohm5 has all the important testing methods covered in one instrument.
The GEOHM5 Earth Tester is suitable for the measurement of earth resistance, selective earth resistance, soil resistivity, and earth current (TRMS) via an optional clamp current transformer.
- Three or four-stake determinations and capability to ascertain soil resistivity and ohmic resistance in accordance with the current-voltage measuring method provide a wide scope of analyses.
- Operation is made user friendly as no balancing required.
- Interference voltage and auxiliary earth electrode resistance with indications if allowable limit values are violated, assure valid measurements.
- The GEOHM5 provides Data storage for 250 measurements and has a data interface for transmission of measured values to a PC.
- An optional software accessory for measured value storage and report generation is available.
Metriso 10kV Insulation Tester
- The Metriso Prime 10 is Cat IV rated, and is Bluetooth™ compatible, with measurement data export via USB port.
- Insulation measurement voltage steps are 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V, 1000 V, 2500 V, 5000 V, and 10,000 V.
- Polarization index and dielectric absorption ratio are also measured. Voltage-resistance and current-resistance trend graphs are displayed.
- During insulation measurement, leakage current is displayed, and time-insulation resistance value is available every 5 seconds, with results graphically displayed as resistance-current or resistance-voltage curves.
- Cable capacitance is measured during test object discharge, and the Metriso Prime 10 allows entry of cable capacitance/km values, facilitating the measurement of cable length.
- Cable fault location by means of a unique pulsing method
- The internal memory for measurement results is set up with a tree structure, permitting data storage for 10 clients, each with up to 999 test objects, and an on-screen keyboard permits convenient data entry.
Hioki FT6380 Ground Clamp
- Earth resistance and Leakage
- Highly sensitive 0.01 mA
- load current up to 60.0 A
- Min/Max/Avg, Display Hold
- 0.20 Ω (0.01 Ω res) to 1600 &Omega
Power Parameters cable test vans and instrumentation for wind farms
Underground reticulation in wind farms requires testing of medium voltage (MV) cables, primarily cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) insulated. Power Parameters has recently built and commissioned a Baur cable testing van, providing an ideal mobile test facility for testing as specified by international recognised norms, in particular IEEE 400 and IEC 60502.
Commissioning phase of the Baur PHG80-TD-PD Mercedes cable test van.
The Baur cable test van houses a Baur 80 kV DC/AC very low frequency (VLF) generator, partial discharge detection system and time domain reflectometer permitting distance-to-fault measurement, i.e. a self-sufficient cable test system. The rating of the generator is 3.5 kVA, and it is capable handling capacitive loads of 20 micro-farads (μF) therefore providing a typical reach of even tens of kilometres (typically a 1000 mm2 conductor will exhibit a reactance of 0.1 ohm/km at 50Hz).
For further information, please contact :